Monday, August 07, 2006

We're OFF! and furthermore, we're leaving!
(sorry, i have a weakness for bad british humor)
anyway, the hard working folks at Dancing Pig are heading off to War.
Where, we can work even harder, party all night, snatch a few hours of sleep as we twitch to the pounding of the party drums, then get up and do it all over again! In the mud & heat! Isn't life grand?



This will be my 22nd consecutive year at Pennsic! (though i've only been selling pottery for about 15 years now) It's damn hard work, too hot, too muddy, too muggy, too loud & they don't allow dogs. Other than that, it's about the best time i've ever had & i (usually) manage to make money doing it! Doesn't get much better than that! Here's what we're leaving behind. I don't know what i'll miss more- my mutts or my bed!


So, i gotta go pack up pottery and clean underwear & wean myself off of air conditioning and indoor plumbing. I'll be back home on Aug 20th & hope to have a link to photos up soon thereafter Though, of course, once i get home it's a mad scramble to get ready for opening weekend at MDRenn Fest. But that's another post...

No comments: