Tuesday, February 26, 2008

We're going to Gulf Wars soon.
And, even as i type, Darrell is down in Florida, selling pottery and leather at the Florida Renaissance Festival.
Darrell is there, but the camera isn't.
And i know i've been slack about give y'all pictures lately, so i thought i'd post a few pictures of what the studio looks like these days:

this is the door to the studio. You might not be able to tell, but i seem to have gathered a collection of cranky signs. The one over the door says "Abandon all hope ye who enter here"
The white sign says "welcome" in fancy formal lettering & then the gargoyle has scratched u-n in from & d in the back.
and the grey sign below that says simply "go away"
Can you tell that i'm kinda possessive about my work space?!



Well, if you can get past the hostility & wander through the mud & very enthusiastic doggie dance of welcome, once you're inside the studio you'll see my potter's wheel, which is where i'd spend all my time if i could:

But alas, i have to do other things as well, such as glaze the pottery when Jill's not around to bail me out. This is my work table, filled with pots that need to be glazed and on the right, the desk where i sit & look out at my river while i'm decorating my pots:









and last, but certainly not least, there are the studio dogs, who spend most of their time crashed out either on the thrift shop couch or cuter than i can stand, burrowed into the pile of plastic bags that my clay comes in. I stash the empties under the wedging table & of late, this is where both Budgth & occasionally Ursa spend most of their time. This unbearably cute behavior is what made me bring the camera out to the studio, so brace yourself for cuteness:


Can you stand it?! Neither can i! And i'm subjected to sights like this every day! It's a wonder i get any work done at all! But now, it's late & i'm going to turn off a kiln & go to bed. More pictures, and links soon, before we leave for Gulf Wars, i promise.
And, if i'm really efficent, i'm going to have an Etsy store up and running by the end of March!
Keep checking back, it *could* happen!
Blessings from the tired, overworked but also content potter.

1 comment:

AudreyO said...

Really nice photos. Ok, I admit, I love the dogs. I am such a dog lover.